Tuesday, 06 Aug 2013
- “They make cars; I run a kitchen”: How Toyota donated efficiency to New York charity
- Your app makes me fat and the correlation of willpower and cognitive processing
- The genetic mutation that allowed ancient Europeans to drink milk
- The Hole in Our Collective Memory: How Copyright Made Mid-Century Books Vanish
- Ever looked at a clock and the second hand seemed frozen for more than a second? Chronostasis.
- What does it mean for light to be stopped or stored?
- A professor spoofed (falsified data) a $80M superyacht’s GPS on the high sea
- An ‘offline’ radio exchange with two women-hating trolls
- Edgar Wright’s polite exchange with the British censors over the usage of ‘cunt’ (and their refreshingly transparent reply unlike the MPAA)
- Man tries to smuggle turtle onto plane by hiding it in a hamburger
- George Clooney spent his Nespresso paycheck on a spy satellite to keep tabs on Omar Al-Bashir
- A message from firefighters: try not to get your penis stuck in a toaster
- Electric company sends threatening letter to a lamp post
- Great writing advice from Chuck Palahniuk
posted at 13:01